From the very beginning of its launch, the Alfa Romeo 4C is a subject of poor handling reviews from journalist and users. If you have ever wondered why your 4C has all the potential of a high performance car, fully carbon monocoque, excellent power to weight ratio and looks like a supercar, but it drives less so, here is the answer.
Design of the rear arms of 4C in conjunction with stock soft rubber bushings is not engineered appropriately for a performance driving. Under heavy cornering, acceleration or braking, rear arm rubber bushings cannot withstand the forces transferred from tires to the suspension and the arms, so they flex, which causes a massive dynamic toe changes and therefor the rear end of the car feels floaty, disconnected and very unpredictable at the limit. The more grip the car produces, more noticeable the problem gets. Replacing stock rubber bushings with this high quality, custom made, uniball joints is the only solution and it should be performed prior to any other modifications on the car if you actually care about the handling of your car.
ALFA ROMEO - 4C - Rear arm uniball kit
- Unmatched handling precision
- CNC machined steel housing
- Heat treated interior cross axis joint
- Self lubricating design with interior grease
- Rubber seals for weather proof use
- Long life span
- Weight 795g
- Maintenance free
- Sold as a set (4 bushings for both rear arms)
- Detailed alignment sheet included (street, track, race)
- Laser engraved GMS logo
- Fits all Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe and Spider models