One of a kind, GMS Titanium SL PVD stud kit for Alfa Romeo 4C.
Given its strength, titanium is remarkably light. When compared to steel in a strength-to-weight ratio, titanium is far superior, as it is as strong as steel but 45% lighter. In fact, titanium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of all known metals. With GMS stud kit machined from Grade 5 (Ti6Al4V) and being 45% times lighter than steel bolts. With a weight of 980g for 80mm long and up to 25 mm spacer compatible studs, SL stands for superlight.
Aluminum Titanium Nitride (AlTiN) PVD, is a coating process in which the material (AlTiN) goes from a condensed phase to a vapor phase and then back to a thin film condensed phase to finally attach to the coated part. The process is carried out in a vacuum chamber at high vacuum (10-6torr) using a cathodic arc source. This superior color coating outlasts any other known coloring process. Permanent in both color and luster, highly resistant to corrosion, abrasion and chemicals effects. PVD is the next level of anodizing and powder coating.
GMS Titanium SL PVD studs with length of 80mm, have 15mm increased length, allowing for up to 25mm wheel spacers and provide easier handling during wheels or wheelset removal. The kit consists of 20x M12 x 1.25 studs and nuts which reduce the unsprung weight for 45% or roughly 450g compared to the same length steel bolts and 200g of unsprung weight saving compared to stock short thread bolts. When only the best will do, look no further.
ALFA ROMEO - 4C - Titanium SL PVD stud kit
- SL superlight 45% lighter than stock bolts
- Reduced unsprung weight (980g)
- AlTiN PVD coated for extreme durabilty
- 15mm longer to fit up to 25mm spacers
- Laser engraved GMS logo
- Incognito black PVD finish
- Weight 980g GMS Ti SL PVD long stud set vs. 1180g steel short bolt set vs. 1420g vs. steel long bolt set (up to 20 mm spacer)
- Maintenance free
- Sold as a set (20x M12 x 1.25 studs and nuts)
- Fits all Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe and Spider models