Duplicating OEM parts is one thing, making new part from the scratch is another. Endless hours are spend shaping the form to combine the looks and effectiveness. So what are the achievements?
More than 3500g of weight saving compared to OEM part. Ultralight, sub 990g, high-flow, rigid, rear carbon louver, to replace OEM rear windshield and significantly reduce engine bay temperatures, aero lift and weight.
This product was designed and based on inspiration of legendary Ferrari F40 and modernized by latest aero and carbon fiber know-how. By it's open design concept, it provides significant decrease of engine bay temperature by effectively dragging hot air out. Measurements have shown up to 29% lower engine bay temperature compared to OEM closed rear windscreen, which means reduced heat soak, lower IAT (intake air temperature) and higher intercooler efficiency, which consequently leads to steady and stable engine power. Even though the engine power stability is the most noticeable in race or track driving conditions, even dyno runs show noticeably better power stability. Due to its sleek design, without any sharp edges and squared vents, the airstream flow above the car takes no negative effects. CFD analyze also shows decrease in drag and reduced, unwanted, aero lift, which means higher top speed and more downforce. While this is a highly recommended upgrade for track users it can also add an aggressive look to your 4C and provide a carbon fiber part add-on to live-up your exterior to go along with other 4C carbon parts.
This part is 100% pure carbon, without fiberglass core, tempered and cured, made of 2x2 Twill 3k carbon fiber to match the rest of the OEM carbon parts of your 4C. It comes in raw carbon or optional 3x clear coat finish.
ALFA ROMEO - 4C - Carbon rear louver
- 3500g of weight reduction over OEM glass
- Up to 29% reduced engine bay temperatures (lower engine intake, better turbo cooling, more efficiency of intercooler)
- Reduced aero lift and increased downforce
- CFD analyzed design for optimal airstream
- Ultralightweight with less than 990g
- Designed to replace OEM rear windscreen
- 2x2 Twill 3k carbon fibre, tempered and cured
- Pure carbon, without fiberglass core
- Optional natural carbon glossy finish with 3x clear coating
- CFD optimized design for smooth airstream and minimal drag